Leanne DuffyPosition: Ecosystem Scientist - La Jolla Headquarters
Ecosystem & Bycatch Program
- Responsible for the compilation of the Ecosystem Considerations Report.
- Supporting the research activities of the Ecosystem and Bycatch Program.
- Master of Advanced Studies, Marine Biodiversity and Conservation, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, USA, 2007
- B.Sc., Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater MA, USA, 1998
Leanne Fuller joined the staff in 2007 in the role of Laboratory Technician to support the IATTC’s ecosystem research activities. Currently, she works as an Ecosystem Scientist under the Ecosystem and Bycatch Program. Leanne supports the duties of the program by conducting research on trophic ecology, ecological monitoring and developing comprehensive databases to populate key parameters in Ecological Risk Assessments and ecosystem models. This work facilitates ecosystem-related analyses that align with IATTC’s responsibilities mandated by the Antigua Convention. Leanne’s interests also include exploring potential drivers of change in the trophic ecology of the target tunas as well as species caught as bycatch in the EPO.
- Climate Impacts on Oceanic Top Predators-Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (CLIOTOP-IMBER), Working Group 3 – Trophic pathways in the open ocean ecosystems
- Médieu, A., D. Point, T. Itai, H. Angot, P.J. Buchanan, V. Allain, L. Fuller, S. Griffiths, D.P. Gillikin, J.E. Sonke, L.-E. Heimbürger-Boavida, M.-M. Desgranges, C.E. Menkes, D.J. Madigan, P. Brosset, O. Gauthier, A. Tagliabue, L. Bopp, A. Verheyden, and A. Lorrain 2022. Evidence that Pacific tuna mercury levels are driven by marine methylmercury production and anthropogenic inputs. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Leanne Fuller, Shane Griffiths, Robert Olson, Felipe Galván-Magaña, Noemi Bocanegra-Castillo & Vanessa Alatorre-Ramírez 2021. Spatial and ontogenetic variation in the trophic ecology of skipjack tuna, Katsuwonus pelamis, in the eastern Pacific Ocean. Marine Biology
- Lorrain, A., H. Pethybridge, N. Cassar, R. Aurore, V. Allain, N. Bodin, L. Bopp, A. Choy, L. Duffy, B. Fry, N. Goñi, B. Graham, A. Hobday, J. Logan, F. Ménard, C. Menkes, R. Olson, D. Pagendam, D. Point, and J. Young. 2019. Trends in tuna carbon isotopes suggest global changes in pelagic phytoplankton communities. Global Change Biology
- Duffy, L.M., and S.P. Griffiths 2019. Assessing attribute redundancy in the application of productivity-susceptibility analysis to data-limited fisheries. Aquatic Living Resources
- Duffy, L.M., C.E. Lennert-Cody, R. Olson, C.V. Minte-Vera, and S.P. Griffiths 2019. Assessing vulnerability of bycatch species in the tuna purse-seine fisheries of the eastern Pacific Ocean. Fisheries Research
- Griffiths, S.P., Kesner-Reyes, K., Garilao, C., Duffy, L.M., & Román, M.H. 2019. Ecological Assessment of the Sustainable Impacts of Fisheries (EASI-Fish): a flexible vulnerability assessment approach to quantify the cumulative impacts of fishing in data-limited settings. Marine Ecology Progress Series
- Pethybridge, H., C. Choy, J. Logan, V. Allain, A. Lorrain, N. Bodin, C.J. Somes, J. Young, F. Ménard, C. Langlais, L. Duffy, A. Hobday, P. Kuhnert, B. Fry, C. Menkes, and R. Olson 2018. A global meta-analysis of marine predator nitrogen stable isotopes: Relationships between trophic structure and environmental conditions. Global Ecology and Biogeography
- Duffy, L., Kuhnert, P., Pethybridge, H., Young, J., Olson, R., Logan, J., Goñi, N., Romanov, E., Allain, V., Staudinger, M., Abecassis, M., Choy, C., Hobday, A., Simier, M., Galván-Magaña, F., Potier, M. and Ménard, F. 2017. Global trophic ecology of yellowfin, bigeye, and albacore tunas: Understanding predation on micronekton communities at ocean-basin scales. Deep Sea Research
- Duffy, L., Olson, R., Lennert-Cody, C., Galván-Magaña, F., Bocanegra-Castillo, N. and Kuhnert, P. 2015. Foraging ecology of silky sharks, Carcharhinus falciformis, captured by the tuna purse-seine fishery in the eastern Pacific Ocean. Marine Biology
- Young, J.W., R.J. Olson, F. Ménard, P.M. Kuhnert, L.M. Duffy, V. Allain, J.M. Logan, A. Lorrain, C.J. Somes, B. Graham, N. Goñi, H. Pethybridge, M. Simier, M. Potier, E. Romanov, D. Pagendam, C. Hannides, and C.A. Choy 2014. Setting the stage for a global-scale trophic analysis of marine top predators: a multi-workshop review. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries