- Coordinate the individual vessel limit program.
- Coordinate and manage the Enhanced Port Sampling Program.
- Oversee the application of the program's scientific protocol
- Master's Degree in Territorial Planning and Environmental Management - Universitat de Barcelona - 2021
- Marine Biology – Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador – 2006
Cristina De la Cadena is originally from Ecuador and joined the Commission in 2022 as Coordinator of the Enhanced Port Sampling Program. Her professional experience has been mainly within institutions in Ecuador, where she has participated in regulatory processes in the artisanal and industrial fishing sector. Prior to joining the IATTC, Cristina worked for the United Nations Development Program as fisheries coordinator of a project to improve the management and governance of the artisanal fisheries sector in Peru and Ecuador.