Project P.1.a - Fulfil requests for development of database and data processing applications for entities outside the IATTC
Program(s) in charge: Data Collection & Database Program
Click to see projects by theme, goal or target:
- Provide support to CPCs through the development of data collection forms and the most appropriate computer application to allow the collection, entry, editing and analysis of locally-collected datasets.
- IATTC staff receives requests to develop data entry and editing solutions for data collected by outside organizations.
- IATTC staff possesses years of experience in these tasks, which is not otherwise available to outside organizations.
- Through a policy of capacity-building, the staff collaborates with outside organizations to develop the requested applications.
- Relevance for management
- Through collaboration with data collectors, the staff may be granted access to new sources of data.
- Workplan and status
- Currently developing an MS Access database to process FAD information collected through Resolution C-16-01.
- Request for additional form to be incorporated into the OSPESCA artisanal longline database.
- Evaluate ability to accept participation in additional requests as they occur.
- External collaborators
- Completion of requested computer applications.
- Provide technical support and training of the new applications.
- Updated date: 01 May 2019
- Progress summary for the reporting period
- All requests received have been addressed.
- The current system for dealing with such requests appears adequate.