Program(s) in charge: Data Collection & Database Program
Click to see projects by theme, goal or target:
- Re-write all VB6 computer programs still in use by the IATTC and supported national observer programs in VB.net.
- Work with national programs to install and test in the local environments, and train national program staff.
- IATTC staff developed customized data entry and editing programs using VB.
- Microsoft has terminated support for VB6, so the development environment no longer runs on current Microsoft operating systems.
- The code must be re-written in a supported programming language.
- Decision made to use existing staff to complete the project, rather than hire outside programmers
- Relevance for management
- At some point the compiled VB6 programs will cease to work, and data required for stock management would not be available.
- 2 more years – planned completion in 2021
- Workplan and status
- Late 2014: project initiated.
- March 2020: conversion 75% complete.
- April-December: Continue conversion, prioritizing the most important computer programs.
- Completion of conversion of all VB6 computer programs.
- Replacement of all VB6 computer programs in IATTC and national programs with VB.net programs.
- Provide technical support to national programs during transition.